newbie quest: freeBSD 4.8-rel, running X fails on my laptop w. an ATI Radeon IGP 340M

Mikael Lönnqvist Mikael.Lonnqvist at qbranch.se
Tue May 13 08:05:37 PDT 2003

Thanx guys, the problem is partially fixed,,
(thanks 2 you Sondre, XFree86 -configure...)

X and gnome2 is now working, but it is using the "vesa" driver.
For some reason i can't get it to work with the radeon driver, whenever i try using radeon
i'm still getting:

(EE) No devices detected
Fatal server error: no screens found

I've tried the settings from my colleagues identical laptop (including all
mod-lines) which is working for his Mandrake 9x installation,,
I will investigate further, and post my findings..

Best Regards
Mikael