Installing freebsd on an alpha Server

webmaster webmaster at programmierforen.de
Tue May 13 07:49:53 PDT 2003

Hi, I tried to install FreeBSD on a digital alpha Server 5000, but I din\'t succeed. I entered the SRM console and started booting from the floppies. This works fine and after certain minutes the installation program appears. Then I chose \"Standard\" for a standard Installation. The first step I had to do is to create Mountpoints by using the label editor. And that\'s where the problem appears: I try to define a mountpoint, but there\'s no slice in which it is possible to do so. Fdisk is not on the floppies or CDROM so I wonder how to create slices on the alpha server. Can you help me? This would be very nice.
yours, Andi Drebes.