How to install additionaldrivers?was: Re: Nvidia Ethernet MAC(was: NIChardwaresupport? (Realtek 8201BL))

Joachim Dagerot joachim at dagerot.nu
Tue May 13 01:12:29 PDT 2003

I have perhaps found a driver that should support the nVidia Ethernet
integrated LAN, atleas accoring to this message:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=366564+0+archive/2003/fre
ebsd-current/20030302.freebsd-current

And now comes the really newbiequiz I think:
How do I add this driver to my system, I have never ever compiled a
kernel and hope I won't ever have to. But I will probably manage to do
it if forced.

Hopefully there's some dynamic modules for this or so...

> >Thanks for your answer, I bough a SN41G2
> >(specs: http://us.shuttle.com/specs2.asp?pro_id=163)
> >(and: http://www.shuttle.com/new/product/spec/SN41G2.pdf)
> >
> >and the only thing I know about the interface is what I wrote:
> >Realtek 8201BL support IEEE 802.3u 10/100Base-T
> >
> >How can I find out NIC or MAC is in my system?
>
> "Chipset: nVidia nForce2 / MCP-T" includes Firewire & Ethernet MACs
> (NICs) in some versions.
>
> Sorry, I don't know which (if any) driver exists for Nvidia's
Ethernet.