USB Mass Storage under 5.0

Joshua Oreman oremanj at webserver.get-linux.org
Mon May 12 20:29:12 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 10:45:44PM -0400 or thereabouts, Gerard Samuel seemed to write:
> Well unfortunately I didn't get too far.
> FreeBSD core dumps, and freezes on me when I turn on the camera.  I had
> to type out the error on another
> computer to provide here, so it may or may not be 100% accurate.
> I was able to duplicate this back to back.
> Anyone knows whats going on?? Am I SOL??  Thanks.
> gladiator# umass0: Fuji Photo Film USB Mass Storage, rev 1.10/10.00, addr 2
> da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
> da0: < USB-DRIVEUNIT 1.00> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
> da0: 1.000MB/x transfers
> da0: 0MB (1 0 byte sectors: 0H 0S/T 0c)
>
> Fatal trap 18: interger divide fault while in kernel mode
> instruction pointer    = 0x8:0xc01accc3f
                                 ^^^^^^^^^
This is system-specific. You'll need to use `nm' to translate
this address into a meaningful value. (BTW, this is an FAQ.)

Try `nm /kernel | grep c01accc3f'.
If you don't get anything then drop off the last digit until you do, e.g.
nm /kernel | grep c01accc3f
nm /kernel | grep c01accc3
nm /kernel | grep c01accc
nm /kernel | grep c01acc
When you do get some output, pick the symbol with the address closest to,
but not above, c01accc3f.
If in doubt, send all the output of the first successful `nm' command.

NB: If 5.x, replace /kernel with /boot/kernel/kernel.

HTH,
-- Josh