WITH_THREADS - How?

Jim Mock mij at soupnazi.org
Mon May 12 17:41:55 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 04:17  PM, Tuc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Want my /usr/ports/lang/perl5.6 to compile with threads, and wondered
> what I need to install to get WITH_THREADS to be defined.

The perl port doesn't have an option to easily compile with threads
(for whatever reason), but the perl5.8 port does.  Without looking too
much into it, you may be able to shove this bit into the perl port's
Makefile:

.if defined(WITH_THREADS)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        -Dusethreads=y
PKGNAMESUFFIX=          -threaded
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        -Dusethreads=n
.endif

Then run:

	# make -DWITH_THREADS install

In /usr/ports/lang/perl.  If it doesn't work, either email the perl
port maintainer, or use the perl5.8 port if you can.

- jim

--
- jim mock  mij@{soupnazi|opendarwin}.org  jim@{bsdnews|FreeBSD}.org -
- editor in chief, BSD News: http://bsdnews.org  http://soupnazi.org -