Need help on removing SCSI drivers from my kernel...

Eduardo Viruena Silva mrspock at esfm.ipn.mx
Sun May 11 07:54:41 PDT 2003

On Sun, 11 May 2003, Constantine wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Today is my first day compiling the FreeBSD kernel, and for some not
> obvious to me reason, when I am trying to remove SCSI drivers from the
> kernel, the booting process terminates with some error message (Fatal
> trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode).
> I have attached two files, the one that does not represent any problems,
> and the other that halts on start-up.
>
> Thank you,
> Constantine.

Remove the lines:

options  AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                 # output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
options  AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                 # output.  Adds ~215k to driver.

included in your kernel description, compile your kernel, install it and
try again.