Need help on removing SCSI drivers from my kernel...

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Sun May 11 04:41:19 PDT 2003

On Sun, 11 May 2003, Constantine wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Today is my first day compiling the FreeBSD kernel, and for some not
> obvious to me reason, when I am trying to remove SCSI drivers from the
> kernel, the booting process terminates with some error message (Fatal
> trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode).
> I have attached two files, the one that does not represent any problems,
> and the other that halts on start-up.

You must have the line:
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)

- in the kernel config file, even if you don't have a SCSI controller.
That's why it is (required).  You can take out all the other SCSI stuff
though.

--
W. Palfreman. 			I'm looking for a job. Read my CV at:
Tel: 0771 355 0354		www.palfreman.com/william/cv-wfp2.html