Ports usage + Inet problem (was: please help me) (has 2 questions)

Joshua Oreman oremanj at webserver.get-linux.org
Sat May 10 16:35:42 PDT 2003

1) Please set a meaningful subject
2) One question per thread, please
3) Please wrap your lines around 72 characters.

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 07:20:53PM -0400 or thereabouts, matrix at altima.net seemed to write:
> #1 Can you tell me the commands to write to install and use a port once it is copied on my harddisk by /stand/sysinstall? (please a good quality answer is very important for me because im a Newb)

FreeBSD Handbook, chapter 4.

> #2 Why when I am connected to the Internet and I type an adress in my browser it never may find the page it give me an error like "this page cant be displayed or found, I tryed all adresses, hotmail.com, yahoo.com, microsoft.com, freebsd.org, netbsd.org...

That is a very broad problem.
If you get a long delay before the errors, make sure you have good nameservers
in /etc/resolv.conf.
Otherwise, you'll need to post more info.

> Thank you for your answer :)

HTH,
-- Josh