Matrox G450 PCI on XFree86 4.3.0

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Fri May 9 11:25:24 PDT 2003

I just upgraded my PWS600au to 4.8-RELEASE. My problem is that I
can't get X to work (I had no problems with X on 4.7-RELEASE).

After running startx my monitor gives a big red warning that my
"frequency is out of range" and that I have to "change signal
timing". I tried lots of settings in /etc/X11/XF86Config, but
even 640x480 at 8 gives the same result.

When running xf86config I gave exactly the same answers as with
previous versions of XFree and had never any problems before,
using the G400 driver.

What can I do to make X work?

Marco
--
Write-Protect Tab, n.:
	A small sticker created to cover the unsightly notch carelessly