Newbies Question: High inactive memory and Quota in kernel

Eduardo Viruena Silva mrspock at esfm.ipn.mx
Thu May 8 10:27:55 PDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, meimi wrote:

> Hello,

[-----------------cut------------------------]

just the second question.

> 2.Could anyone tell me how I know whether quota is enabled in kernel? In
> handbook, they just tell me how to enable it, but they haven't told me how
> to check.

include a line in your kernel description saying:

	options QUOTA

compile your kernel and install it.

Add:

	enable_quotas="YES"
	inetd_enable="YES"

to your /etc/rc.conf

and set /etc/fstab properly to use quotas:

as an example, look at my system configuration :

/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad0s1e             /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1f             /usr            ufs     rw,userquota    2       2
/dev/ad0s1d             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

--
2B | ~2B == ?
		Hamlet.