rm: Operation not permitted

Eduardo Viruena Silva mrspock at esfm.ipn.mx
Thu May 8 06:32:11 PDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:

> On Thursday 08 May 2003 13:44, Daniel Bye wrote:
> > Try
> >  # ls -lo /root/ERASE
> > You will probably see that the directory empty has the "schg" flag set.
> > This tells the kernel not to allow any alterations to flagged object.  To
> > remove it, you will need to remove the flag -
> >  # chflags -R noschg ERASE
> > will do the trick.  You can then remove ERASE and its contents.
>
> It did indeed, thanks a lot.
> I'll have a look at man chflags :)

Last night we have a power cut.
my FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASEp7 box rebooted when the power came back.

Some fsck processes were put in background and some directories I
did not need could not be erased...  when the fsck's finally ended,
it was possible erase the directories.

If that is your case, just wait.