CVSUP'ing specific directories in ports/source

aVANTGUARD avant at ausmac.net
Wed May 7 20:54:02 PDT 2003

People,
	I've been an OpenBSD user for some time now, and I've started using
FreeBSD, and I'm having an issue converting over. In FreeBSD, to update my
ports tree I run:

$ cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile

Where ports-supfile is a file dictating where to grab the files from and
which ports 'packages' to get (ie. Ports-devel). On OpenBSD I was able to do
this:

$ cvsup -d anoncvs at wiretapped.net:/cvs get ports/net/samba #OR
$ cvsup -d anoncvs at wiretapped.net:/cvs get src/usr.sbin/sendmail

(Note this worked for the current release, if I wanted older releases, I
added -rOPENBSD_3_0 for 3.0 for example)

to get *specific* ports or directories from CVS.

How can I do this in FreeBSD? (I've tried, with no luck) Do I need a
specific server to support this sort of CVSUP'ing?

I'm not subscribed, so I'd appreciate any replies were CC:ed to me. :)

Thanks in advance.

/avant