Looking for good book on compiling, linking, ...

Jim Freeze jim at freeze.org
Wed May 7 17:49:31 PDT 2003

Hi

I am looking for a good book on autoconfig, compiling and linking.
I find myself doing a lot of installs on Solaris, FreeBSD and
Mac OS X, and run across a lot of similar issues. However,
I feel that I am missing some fundamentals on things like
compiler options, library types, linking options, and how
shared libraries are searched for.

Does a book exist that covers such issues, or am I left
to wonder the man page forest searching for scraps of
knowledge and insight. ;)

Thanks

--
Jim Freeze