/usr/local/etc/rc.d

Weldon Godfrey weldon at excelsus.com
Wed May 7 10:56:44 PDT 2003

I have a box running a version of FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE (on or before Fri Jan
31 11:32:06 ).

For some reason, all of the scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d don't run.

* No errors are being seen during boot-up
* All the scripts end in .sh
* All are owned by root and mode 755
* All are Borne shell scripts, all run from root's command line (when run
in the numeric-alpha order they appear in the directory)
* None except one does anything with start/stop, the one that takes
start/stop is a typical postgresql startup script.
* No over-ride for local_startup in /etc/rc.conf.  /etc/defaults/rc.conf
has not been messed with
* /etc rc has not been messed with.  I even stubbed the code from rc to
see if it would run scripts with the names listed in the directory, and it will
* 1st script is A00_mysql.sh, it looks like this (would the ldconfig
cause a problem?  I have never seen that done before):
	#!/bin/sh

	/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/

	sleep 2

	/usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &

Thanks in advance for any advice or what to check into next.

Weldon