New server keeps panicking

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Tue May 6 21:49:07 PDT 2003

I am installing a new server, it is using an Intel SE7501WV2 motherboard
with on-board SCSI.  This Motherboard has 2 intel Xeon 2.66 GHz CPU's.

The system has one IDE CD-ROM, and one SCSI U320 hard disk.  The SCSI disk
is cabled using an Adaptec U320 cable, with terminator.

I have tried installing FreeBSD version 5.0 release, but it kept panicking
with SCSI disk write error messages.  So I tried again, installing this
time version 4.8 release.  The 4.8 had the same problems.

Is there something I need to do because of the SCSI disk system?  Or is it
the two CPU's?

The error I get is a block cannot be written, it is out of range.  The
system actually locks up, something I have never seen FreeBSD do.

I looked and don't see any issues about this motherboard or U320 drives in
the problem reports or message archives.

Any help would be appreciated.  Please reply to me, I don't subscribe to
this list.  Thanks.

         -Derek
         derek at computinginnovations.com