Pleaaaasee help me

Adam blueeskimo at gmx.net
Tue May 6 18:27:27 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 20:23, matrix at altima.net wrote:
> when I try to install ports (using th make command or make install) copied on my hard disk by /stand/sysinstall it try to acces the internet and tell me that the connection is refused but it do not have any reason to go on the intrnet please help me making my ports working

The source tarball needs to be in /usr/ports/distfiles in order to
compile. 'make install' first checks if the tarball is there. If it is,
it goes ahead and compiles and installs. If it isn't, it goes online and
downloads it for you.

So, if you don't have internet access on that machine, you need to find
some other way to get the appropriate tarballs in /usr/ports/distfiles

--
Adam <blueeskimo at gmx.net>