scsi emulation

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Tue May 6 08:20:11 PDT 2003

Hi,

> I'd be very appreciative if anyone can tell me how to force scsi emulation
> for these two CD devices.

You will need to build a custom kernel with the following options:

 device atapicam
 device scbus
 device cd
 device pass

(More info in `man atapicam`). If you want to access the drives as a
normal user, you will have to fix some permissions in /dev.

Maybe this thread from this list helps you to get them right:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&frame=right&th=1e68d4dae9364be2&seekm=b72b45%24blt%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw#link11

(I think you need read-write permissions on /dev/xtpN and /dev/passN,
where N is the number of your device). Please be so kind and post a list
of necessary changes, and I will write a subsection for the handbook,
chapter 12).

Simon