make world problem

Gabriel Rocha gabe at seul.org
Tue May 6 06:31:04 PDT 2003

My last question was a tad vague... This is a newly installed
4_8-RELEASE box, I just cvsup'ef last night and got the following error
while trying to make world. Any opinions welcome. Thanks. --Gabe

# pwd
/usr/src/sys/boot/i386
# make
===> mbr
Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/mbr
===> boot0
Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot0
===> btx
===> btx/btx
Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/btx/btx
===> btx/btxldr
Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/btx/btxldr
===> btx/lib
Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/btx/lib
===> boot2
dd if=/dev/zero of=boot2.ldr bs=512 count=1 2>/dev/null
elf_load_section: truncated ELF file
Abort trap
*** Error code 134

Stop in /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot2.