How to find out available "make" arguments

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Mon May 5 16:08:38 PDT 2003

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 11:47:38AM +0300, ODHIAMBO Washington wrote:
> * Jez Hancock <jez.hancock at munk.nu> [20030502 21:58]: wrote:
>
> > /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ports.mk
>                         ^    that s ;-)
Sorry - my bad - I should have checked before I typed frantically :/

> cd /usr/ports/Mk
>
> ls -al
>
> read what you want, maybe :)
>
> I did `man ports` and wondered if all-depends-list was deprecated...
No idea I'm afraid... I'm grappling with diff files and 'patch' right
now, great fun... in a tooth-pulling fun kind of way :)

Incidentally I don't think the example I gave of apache/suexec was a
very good one - totally by coincidence (isn't it always?) I'm attempting
to build apache with suexec support right now and doing this:

[18:02:20] root at whitestar /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl# make \
-DWITH_APACHE_SUEXEC -DAPACHE_SUEXEC_DOCROOT=/www -DAPACHE_SUEXEC_USERDIR=/www

isn't enabling apache-suexec, let alone any of the other options :(

I just found this thread totally by coincidence like I say after searching
for help on the topic:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=105195202218567&w=2

saw the name in the first result there and thought mmm, that name's familiar :))

Ah well back to my search,
Cheers,
Jez

PS Have you come across portupgrade - v useful tool for keeping ports up
to date...