2 keyoards == Big Trouble!

stan stanb at awod.com
Mon May 5 14:39:23 PDT 2003

I've got a new laptop wiht a port replicator that I'm trying to ge FreeBSD
STABLE working on. Being a laptop of course, it's got a built in kyboard.
The machine itself has both PS/2 conectorrs, and USB conectors. It looks
like the built in keyboard and mouse are PS/2.

I have tried both an external PS/2 keyboard, and an external USB keyboard.
Under Linux both these combinations work. Under FreebSD when I boot with a
2nd keyboard atached, I wind up with no working keyboard.

Here are what I think are the relevat parts of dmesg:

atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
device_probe_and_attach: atkbd0 attach returned 6
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
sc0: <System console> at flags 0x100 on isa0
sc0: VGA <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x300>
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
ltmdm0: <Lucent Winmodem> port 0x2040-0x2047 mem 0x40280000-0x40280fff irq 5 at device 4.1 on pci2
ltmdm0: type Virtual 16550A

What can I do to make this work?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin