customize the uptime command

Peter Leftwich Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com
Sun May 4 18:10:25 PDT 2003

$ uptime
 6:06PM  up 15 days, 21:12, 1 user, load averages: 0.06, 0.13, 0.08

I wonder if it is possible to rewrite the uptime command, similar to the
way you can customize the output of "date" using +%H%M etc...

The reason I ask is that I'd prefer a flag to standardize the format to
y:m:d:H:M;S or years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds.  Or you could
have some kind of "--only H" flag which would display the uptime ONLY has
hours.  In my case, the example above, it would be: 381 hours

Is there a fast script out there can reformat the uptime perhaps??

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services