CVSROOT missing even after using cvsroot-all

Simon L. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Fri May 2 15:01:50 PDT 2003

[ this has nothing to do with -CURRENT so I have removed it from CC: ]

On 2003.05.02 14:51:10 -0700, Chris Miller wrote:

> I'm trying to create a 4.7 release on my system using the tools in
> /usr/src/release but make fails with a cvs abort error due to no CVSROOT
> directory. I saw the announcement in the archive to add cvsroot-all to the
> supfile yet no CVSROOT directory gets created. I must be doing something
> simple wrong.

It looks like you have confused the CVS repository (normally /home/ncvs)
and the checked out tree (normally /usr/src). I think CVSROOT should be
set to /home/ncvs but I have never tried to make a release so I'm not
really sure.

You might want to take a look at the net/cvsup-mirror mirror to get a
local repository.

--
Simon L. Nielsen