apache / mod_ssl / mod_php4

Tom Smith tom at openadventures.org
Fri May 2 14:20:44 PDT 2003

I've got this same setup running just fine.

Install apache+mod_ssl. If there are any dependencies (and there will
be) make will download them--so, make sure you have a live net connection.

Do the same for php4. When you run make, it'll prompt you for the
options you want to compile into it.

After compiling each one, it'll tell you what, if anything, you need to
add to /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf--you will have to modify it for
php4 to work correctly. As I recall, there are only two lines that need
to be added to httpd.conf for php4.

Tom