make buildworld fails on 4.8-release

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at northnetworks.ca
Fri May 2 06:31:51 PDT 2003

> > First thing I try when buildworld fails is:
> >
> > # rm -rvf /usr/obj
> > # rm -rvf /usr/src/*
> > # cvsup -L 2 -g /path/to/supfile
> >
> > Then attempt to rebuild from scratch. You may want to backup your original
> > source/obj trees if you have already compiled a custom kernel though.
>
> I'd rather not do a complete cvsup of the sources if I can avoid
> it (only available Internet connection is 56k dialup).  Should
> I just reinstall the sources from the CD and cvsup from that, or
> is a complete cvsup really preferred?

It's not manditory, I am behind a triple T-1 connection working for an
ISP, and sometimes forget about the 56k people (even though that is what I
have at home :o)

Try:

# rm -rvf /usr/obj
# cd /usr/src
# make buildworld

This will at least verify that something in the obj tree did not get
corrupted on the first pass through.

Steve