Adding mod_ssl support to port-installed Apache

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Thu May 1 10:34:44 PDT 2003

I'm running FreeBSD 4.7 on a server. It's running Apache 1.3,
which I installed from the Ports collection.

I'd like to add support for mod_ssl to this, in the simplest
method. I see there's a port for apache13-modssl, but that
includes Apache as well, not just mod_ssl. Can I just install
this port and expect everything to go OK, and just work on
modifying my httpd.conf file as appropriate? Or will this
horribly break things?

It's a working server, so I don't want it to be down any longer
than is absolutely necessary. I'd prefer to do this from Ports
if possible.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower