[ultraviolet@epweb.co.za: Re: IPF and kernel options]

William Fletcher ultraviolet at epweb.co.za
Thu May 1 07:56:23 PDT 2003

Remind me to pay attention :P

----- Forwarded message from William Fletcher <ultraviolet at epweb.co.za> -----

Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 16:55:30 +0200
From: William Fletcher  <ultraviolet at epweb.co.za>
To: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: IPF and kernel options

Hi,

[ultraviolet at samael:~ %] cat /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT| grep -i "IPFILTER"
options         IPFILTER                #ipfilter support
options         IPFILTER_LOG            #ipfilter logging
options         IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK  #block all packets by default

Something along those lines? ;)

(lynx || links || less) /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT
And press '/' to search for things ;)

Anyway, for the rest, use uncle google, http://www.google.com/

I believe this is what you're looking for, goodluck.

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 04:44:47PM +0200, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On 01 May Rob wrote:
> > Here's what I put in the kernel config to enable it:
> > options    IPFIREWALL                     # firewall
> > options    IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE             # log dropped packets
> > options    IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=5000  # limit verbosity
> > See ipfirewall(4) for more about the device, and ipfw(8) for details
> > on writing rules.
> >
> > ipf is also supported, but I haven't used it so I can't help you there.
>
> Thanks for your reply. If I wanted to use ipfw I'd use the handbook, but
> I want to learn and use IPF.
>
> And for IPF I can not find the options needed for my kernel in the
> handbook nor somewhere else (yet).
> The least I need to know however ARE the options I need to compile into
> my kernel, before even consider working with IPF.
>
> Hopefully *someone* can tell me the options for freebsd-4.8.R
> -(please..)-
>
> --
> dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
> ++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)

William Fletcher
Epweb's anti-smiley people, teeth smashing admin!
http://www.vision.za.net/irc/ || IRC addict ultraviolet on irc.epweb.co.za
Uber FreeBSD! http://www.FreeBSD.org/

----- End forwarded message -----

--