supports costs

Moritz Fromwald mfromwald at gmx.at
Mon Mar 31 08:48:59 PST 2003

Wow, that was quick
Wow, that was quick,
Well, as a school project, I had to redesign a SME companys
network under licence-free and licencing aspects.
The firm needs support for 10 workstations, ie file sharing, a
backup solution, internet and email access. My partner and I
implemented a Freebsd 4.7 file server with samba 2.2.8a, running
on a P4 2000MHz 512DDR RRAM  machine with 2*60 GB IDE HDD with a
RAID 1, performed by a hardware controller.
The system needs to be flexible for future adoption like
webserving and its own SMTP/POP3 and is compared with a Windows
2000 standard server, as far as licence, support and downtime
costs are concerned.

Thx a lot for your help
greez
moritz fromwald