Can FreeBSD-SA-03:07.sendmail be fixed with cvsup and portup

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Sun Mar 30 23:40:56 PST 2003

Hi!

> With regards to the sendmail advisory just published
> (FreeBSD-SA-03:07.sendmail), will upgrading from the ports CVSup fix the
> problem, or do I have to perform one of the procedures described in the
> bulletin?

The advisory is about Sendmail in the base system, so anything you do with ports
shouldn't affect it.

There is, of course, a possibility to install Sendmail from ports (replacing
the one in the base system) and if the port is recent enough then the problem
is fixed there. But you need to check the port information first.

I think that for just fixing this particular bug it is easier to patch and
rebuild the base system sendmail as described in the advisory.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* I haven't lost my mind; I know exactly where I left it.