Squid external authentication startup problem

Perica Veljanovski FreeBSD at euro.net.mk
Thu Mar 27 03:24:39 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE and I have Squid 2.5.STABLE1 and MySQL 3.23.54
installed. Squid is configured to use an external shell script "sqauth" as
an authenticator via MySQL database, and it all works fine. Whenever I
start squid as root it starts the squid daemon with 5 child proceses of
sqauth (as configured), BUT when I reboot and start squid from /etc/rc.local
or /usr/local/etc/rc.d/squid.sh the squid daemon starts without the
sqauth child proceses. Same thing happens when I start squid from
/etc/crontab as root, or any other user for that mather.
I tryed giving 777 to squauth and squid, it doese not help.

Doese anyone have any idea why is this happening?
Can you give me another solution on starting squid after boot time with
some kind of a script.

-- Pitter
 <>