2 gig shared memory

Kim Shrier kim at tinker.com
Wed Mar 26 22:32:16 PST 2003

I am configuring a dual processor box with 4 gig of memory.  One of the
main applications I will be running is PostgreSQL.  It uses SysV shared
memory for its internal data pages.  If I were to configure a 4.8 kernal
to have 2 gig  of SysV shared memory, will this cause problems.  The
remaining 2 gig of memory is more than sufficient for the rest of the
programs that will be running on the machine.

Kim

 Kim Shrier - principal, Shrier and Deihl - mailto:kim at tinker.com
Remote Unix Network Admin, Security, Internet Software Development
  Tinker Internet Services - Superior FreeBSD-based Web Hosting
                     http://www.tinker.com/