mod_php4 port installs for Apache2

Jack L. Stone jackstone at sage-one.net
Wed Mar 26 13:47:20 PST 2003

Am running 4.7-RELEASE with Server Version: Apache/1.3.26

I am trying to update mod_php4 from the ports: php4.2.1-->4.3.1

Alas, the mod_php4 port keeps installing the mod_php4 for APACHE2 rather
than APACHE13 and I have found that my php scripts that interface with
MySQL no longer will work with that install.

How can I force the port to install the mod_php4 for the apache13 version I
am running...?? I have disabled some lines in the port Makefile, but no
dice. I don't have anything in my very sparse /etc/make.conf that refers at
all to Apache to tell the install to do this. I have been searching for a
solution ever since the first install more than a day ago without luck.

Would appreciate any and all help on how to fix this on a busy server that
really needs the php4 to work again with MySQL.... thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net