[ HOWTO ] - XFree86 and 4 buttons touchpad

ptiJo ptiJo ptiJo at noos.fr
Wed Mar 26 09:27:47 PST 2003

I guess it's just generic, but here're a bit of info about the hardware & conf :

*** from kernel ***
psm0: irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0

*** moused runs as ***
moused -p /dev/psm0 -t auto

*** from XFree86.0.log ***
[ snip ]
(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/mouse_drv.o
(II) Module mouse: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 XInput Driver
        ABI class: XFree86 XInput driver, version 0.4
[ snip ]
(**) Mouse0: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
(**) Option "Buttons" "5"
(**) Mouse0: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) Mouse0: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Mouse0: Buttons: 5

*** from XF86Config ***
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"