Dial-up Modem Problems

Brandon Beamer jinzougen at jinzougen.net
Mon Jun 30 19:01:32 PDT 2003

I just installed FreeBSD5.0-RELEASE and I'm trying to set up my internal
PCI modem for dial-up internet connection. The modem is a Diamond
Multimedia SupraMax 56i, and it's not being detected. I've played around
with /boot/device.hints and the kernel configuration, and I have no idea
how to get FreeBSD to detect my modem. I don't know whether or not it's a
winmodem, I don't think it is. If it turns out that setting this modem up
will eventually be a futile effort, please help me out in choosing a modem
that will work for sure.

Thanks,
Brandon Beamer