Canon BJC-2100

Scott A. Moberly smoberly at karamazov.org
Wed Jun 25 07:31:14 PDT 2003

> Hello!
>
> Is there any way to make my Canon BJC-2100 work under freebsd 4.8???
> If it's possible, please point me to doc's, manuals or etc.

lp(1) and friends work just fine with this printer.  If however you'd like
more extensive printing capability; check

http://cups.sourceforge.net

install via:

$cd /usr/ports/print/cups
$sudo make install

then follow cups documentation.  I use a 2110 at home (driver is 2100,
though)
and it works just fine, albeit *very* slow.

--
Scott A. Moberly
smoberly at karamazov.org

Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today"
Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow"
FreeBSD: "Hey,when are you guys going to catch up"