Problem recreating Virtual Hosts settings from Windows to BSD

Charlie Schluting charlie at schluting.com
Mon Jun 23 07:57:22 PDT 2003

william nova wrote:
> I was using Apache 2 on Windows 2003 server.
>
> I had 2 virtual hosts running, using no-ip for DNS resolution along with a
> NO-IP referral entry for each (since my ISP blocks port 80)
>
> The virtual hosts config portion of httpd.conf looked like:
>
> NameVirtualHost *
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site1"
> ServerName site1.no-ip.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site2"
> ServerName site2no-ip.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Very simple.  And it worked.
>
> Now I'm using Apache 1.3.27_4 on FreeBSD 4.8
>
> I am trying to recreate the
> same exact configuration on my new box.   It just won't work, even though
> the config is identical, barring the path to the files.
>
> NameVirtualHost *
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site1
> ServerName site1.no-ip.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site2
> ServerName site2.no-ip.com
> </VirtualHost>

This looks fine to me. Exactly what mine looks like.. only a few more
domains. Take a look at the httpd* logs in /var/log as you try to
navigate to the pages. Make sure the permissions are correct. Make sure
that you aren't getting any warnings when you start httpd.
Sorry, that's probably not very helpful ;)

--Charlie