small daemon

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sun Jun 22 13:24:10 PDT 2003

alexis georges wrote:
> hey guys,
> i have just begun making myself a personal site..I was wondering if it
> was alright if i used the small bsd daemon image - the one that is on
> the right side of the main logo on freebsd.org.i will be creating a
> freebsd howtos/tutorials section and so i thought it would be nice to
> have that logo in that section's page..i will obviously show the
> copyrights on my site..i just want to make sure its alright since i dont
> want to cause any problems :)

As long as your purpose in using the daemon is pro-BSD, I doubt if you'll
find anyone complaining about it's use.

If you want the official word, Kirk McKusick is the copyright owner.  He
has a page up that describes what is OK to do, and how to get in contact
with him if you want an official Yeah/nay on your project, or require
written approval to use the daemon:
http://www.mckusick.com/beastie/index.html

--
Bill Moran