LTmodem port

cp cp at olympus.net
Sun Jun 22 07:04:42 PDT 2003

The docs are in /usr/local/share/doc/ltmdm/*-en.TXT.
These are minimalistic but provide links to the sites
where more information is available.

I have a "supported" chipset version and it hangs
hopelessly when I attempt to use it. Docs say to change
IRQ. This will likely involve something similar to
disabling unnecessary devices and PNP and wiring the
slot where the winmodem is installed. That process is
highly unique to your BIOS and BIOS revision.

Two newer versions (6.00c and 8.26a9) exist and are
available for download by following the links in the TXT
files. They do not install or run on FreeBSD without tweaking
as they expect certain Linux indicators not present. These
have extensive documentation provided in the tar. Support
for these may be a challenge to locate and probably not
available from this list.