cvsup src-all fails on new, local cvsup repository (trying to cvsup RELENG_4_8)

Pat Young xdice at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 22:16:33 PDT 2003

We have ~50 freebsd servers here where I work.  Rather
than cvsup'ing all of 'em from geographically local
sites, I've built a box to house a cvs repository.

I built net/cvsup and net/cvsup-mirror, and installed
both.  It's done the initial cvsup of the entire
repository, and everything looks fine on that end.

Tonight, I wanted to test it, so decided to have the
box cvsup itself from it's repository.

It failed.  Here's the cvsup output:

mirrorbox# cvsup -g -L 2 ~/stable-supfile
Parsing supfile "/root/stable-supfile"
Connecting to localhost
Connected to localhost
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Server message: Unknown collection "src-all"
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Skipping collection src-all/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

/var/log/cvsupd.log gives the same information, as
does syslog.  I've been working on this most of the
evening, finally decided to post a question to
-questions.

I'm using the supfile that net/cvsup-mirror provides,
and I'll paste it in at the bottom.

Please e-mail replies, I'm not a member of the
-questions list.

Many thanks in advance!
-Pat
------supfile follows------
#
# Standard supfile for CVSup FreeBSD mirrors.
#
*default delete use-rel-suffix umask=002
cvs-all      release=cvs
prefix=prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs
gnats        release=current
prefix=prefixes/FreeBSD-gnats.current
www          release=current
prefix=prefixes/FreeBSD-www.current
mail-archive release=current
prefix=prefixes/FreeBSD-mail.current
distrib      release=self    prefix=prefixes/distrib.self