configure: error: *** pkg-config too old; version 0.14 or better required

Joe Pokupec joepok at ninestar.com
Thu Jun 19 14:06:07 PDT 2003

Hey Guys,

I was trying to install GAIM from the ports directory (4.7) using:

make && make install

After a bit of initial checking, the install stops with the following error.
Before I go ahead and report the error & attach the log file as mentioned
below, I thought maybe someone here might have an idea.

Thanks

Joe

configure: error: *** pkg-config too old; version 0.14 or better required.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to gnome at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
      the "/usr/ports/devel/glib20/work/glib-2.2.2/config.log" including the
      output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
      idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
      (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/glib20.
*** Error code 1