Problems Installing on a Presario 2200

Gerald Coco gerald at mactownonline.com
Sat Jun 14 16:00:29 PDT 2003

Hello,

Im not sure if this is the e-mail where you guys answer questions pertaining
to FreeBSD installation problems, if not please direct me to the place where
I can find answers. Ok anyways, here are my problems and questions...

Im trying to install FreeBSD 5.0, but I cant seem to get passed the boot
process where everything is being loaded and printed to the screen (dmesg).
It gets to a certain point and it stops booting (this is the installer from
the freebsd cdrom by the way).  Here is where it starts going wrong:

    Sc0:    VGA <16 Virtual Consoles flags=0300>
    Sio0:   at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
    Sio0:   type 16550A
    Sio0:   configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
    Sio0:   port may not be enabled.
    vga0:   <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem oxa0000-oxbffff on
isa 0
    unknown:  <PNP0303> can't assign resources <port>
    unknown:  <PNP0F13> can't assign resources <irq>
    unknown:  <PNP0600> can't assign resources <port>
    unknown:  <PNP0600> can't assign resources <port>
    unknown:  <PNP0200> can't assign resources <port>
    unknown:  <PNP0600> can't assign resources <port>
    unknown:  <PNP0501> can't assign resources <port>
    unknown:  <PNP0400> can't assign resources <port>
    unknown:  <PNP0700> can't assign resources <port>

After this msg it just stops loading and sits there... What can I do to get
rid of this?  Is some of my hardware not supported?  Do I have to reset my
BIOS or even upgrade them?  Please let me know what you think I'm stumped!

Thanks!
Gerald Coco