VueScan and FreeBSD's Linux (USB) emulation

Are Bryne are.bryne at communique.no
Thu Jun 12 16:42:03 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am trying to get the Linux version of VueScan (http://www.hamrick.com/)
to work under FreeBSD's Linux emulation.

With FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p9, linux_base-7.1_5, and RedHat's
gtk+-1.2.9-4.i386.rpm, it starts and operates ok, except for not finding
any USB devices. I have an Epson USB scanner that operates fine under
Sane, but find the available frontends lacking when wanting to scan
negatives...

Is this supposed to work? I.e., should VueScan and other Linux programs be
able to access USB connected scanners and other devices?

There does not seem to be any major changes to the Linux code further down
the RELENG_4 branch...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could make this work?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Are Bryne
[Please keep are.bryne at communique.no CC'd as I am not on the list. Thx.]
--
Communiqué DA                            Office:       +47 22 44 33 99
Postboks 9050 Grønland                   Mobile:        +47 900 22 009