Pkgdb corrupted : doesn't recognized installed ports

Viny viny at scientiae.net
Wed Jun 11 12:45:33 PDT 2003

	Hi

	As I was upgrading my ports, my system crashed (have to find out why,
but this is another problem) and rebooted. I was using portupgrade and it
seems to have messed up the port/pkg db because now, when I run pkgdb -F,
it tells me about stale depencies like 'x11-toolkits/vte', 'mozilla-gtk2',
'yelp' and so on, though these are already installed. Of course, as it
considers them not installed, it doesn't show them as a "possibility", I can't
deinstall them using pkg_deinstall...

	Any way to fix this other than reinstalling the "missing" ports by
hand (cd /usr/ports/[missing port] && make install clean) ? And because some
of these ports have been updated in the port tree (e.g. vte), I'm afraid to
mess up the db even more (not sure reinstalling the new version of vte over
the old one would do any good).

	Thanks in advance