DNS question...

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Wed Jun 4 09:34:44 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:29:29PM -0400, Xpression wrote:
> Hi list:
>
>         I want to change my DNS server/service, I still using named almost
> understand it so good, then I want to know is anyone have knowledge of any
> other DNS server that can be installed to serve DNS requests...thanks...
djbdns is highly recommended - very easy to setup if you already
understand the concept of zone files with named (although the syntax of
djbdns 'data' files is different).

djbdns is nice in that it separates the various tasks that named does
into distinct modules - one for udp auth nameserver queries (tinydns), another for
tcp (axfrdns), another for caching name server (dnscache).

The best place to read is here:
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html

note that djbdns is in the ports under /usr/ports/net/djbdns iirc.

Best Regards,
Jez