imake won't install-4.3.0

Richard Johannesson rtjohan at syspres.com
Thu Jul 31 20:32:26 PDT 2003

Using sysinstall, was going to install emacs and kde.
Install failed on installing imake. The error I got
Was "Add of package imake-4.3.0 aborted, error code 1
 - Please check the debug screen for more info."
, then got "Loading of dependent package imake-4.3.0
 failed".

Where is this debug screen I'm supposed to look at?

Tried doing a portinstall imake. This failed as well.
This was after I did: 1) cvsup -g -L 2 cvsup.conf,
2) portsdb -Uu, 3) pkgdb -F, 4) portupgrade -ra

Don't know how to fix this.

Overview:
- Installed FreeBSD 5.1 Release.
- Modified the install unix partitions to support vinum
  worked after a lot of help from people on this list.
- Did as much restore of the previous image the machine
  had before it crashed. Should have had vinum back then!
- Also, added some RCS version control for the config
  files under /etc, /usr/local/etc, and /root

How's the best way to debug this. What files should I be
looking at?

Thanks in advance for any tips,
Richard