root account expired error.

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Jul 30 19:05:27 PDT 2003

At 08:02 PM 7/30/2003 -0400, Rod Person wrote:

>Now when I long in as my normal user account and try to su to root I get
>the error message "sorry account expired". I can still long in as root,
>I just can't su to root. So how do I unexpire the root account.

Login as root from the console, and then chfn root.  Also make sure there
are not 2 root accounts in your master.passwd file.

         ---Mike
Mike Tancsa,                          	          tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,     			  mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada			  www.sentex.net/mike