FreeBSD and OSX applications

Raphaël Marmier raphael at computer-rental.ch
Wed Jul 30 03:13:31 PDT 2003

While I'm at it, It has to be pointed out that native MacOSX apps don't
necessary make calls to Quartz directly. (Only graphically intensive
apps should make such call for specific reasons) Most standard GUI
applications can be built using only the Cocoa Frameworks.

Beside, on the compatibility side, most applications for the Macintosh
are only partially ported from MacOS9, using a compatibility library
called Carbon. This is the case for most Adobe Apps. To run the, you
would need a clone of the Carbon lib, plus whatever other stuff is
hiding behind...

Raphael

Also an happy OSX station/FreeBSD sever user ;)