Vinum Sub-disk & Directory Structure Mapping

Richard Johannesson rtjohan at syspres.com
Tue Jul 29 13:35:39 PDT 2003

Using the unlimited number of sub-disk that can be created using vinum,
what's a good way to separate the directory file structure to help limit
file system corruption? Or, what's the happy medium between limiting fs
corruption and complexity?

Here's my guess of which part of directory structure should be on its own
sub-disks/filesystem:
/			Probably
/root			Overkill?
/usr			Probably
/usr/local
/var			Probably
/var/backups	?
/tmp			Probably - or should be on same as var?
/home			Maybe - or should be under /usr?
/stand		?
/boot			?

Any feedback is very much appreciated. If there is document that discusses
this basic topic while taking vinum into account, please let me know so I
can bugger off. :)

Thanks again,
Richard