Setting up a NAT Router that will route between 3 networks

hinkle at interwork.sdsu.edu hinkle at interwork.sdsu.edu
Mon Jul 28 15:14:31 PDT 2003

I was wondering how to modify the appropriate files to setup a FreeBSD
computer to act as a NAT Router, that would do the following:

One NIC card is connected to a private network, with an IP address of
192.168.0.50.   This will act as the gateway to all the computers in the
technology center, to connect to the internet (Nic Card 2, Provided by Cox)
and to the SDSU connection (Nic Card 3).

We need the NAT Router to act as follows:

1) When computers of the private network access the general internet, we
need the NAT to translate to the Cox.Net IP, except for all addresses
beginning with 130.191.X.X or 146.244.X.X, or all traffic on port 1214
(KaZaa), which we need to go the SDSU Connection.

2) When the IP Address the data is going to begins with 146.244.X.X or
130.191.X.X, or any IP address using port 1214, we need the data to route
through the SDSU IP Address.

NIC Card Info:

Nic Card 1 (Private Network):

IP: 192.168.0.1
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS: 192.168.0.2

Nic Card 2 (Cox Network):

IP: 68.15.25.98
Subnet: 255.255.252.0
Gateway: 68.15.25.65
DNS: 209.242.128.107
DNS2: 209.242.128.101

NIC Card 3 (SDSU TNS Network):

IP: 130.191.73.13
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 130.191.73.254
DNS: 130.191.1.1
DNS2: 130.191.200.1

If someone could give us step-by-step instructions to configure this, it
would be appreciated.

Stephen