How do I enable my microphone on 5.1-RELEASE

Augusto Jun Devegili freebsd at devegili.org
Sun Jul 27 18:03:12 PDT 2003

Nope. Output from mixer (command line) is:

Mixer mic      is currently set to 100:100

I use GNOME. Its volume control app reports `mic' at 100, also. However,
when I tried GNOME's sound recorder app, it seems there's no input
signal.

It might be a GNOME issue, though... how can I test the microphone
independently from desktop mgrs?