software packages

Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Sun Jul 27 16:30:07 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 04:34:33PM -0400, david wrote:
> Hi, I'm using freebsd 5.0 Jan 2003 series
>
> Since all files are downloaded to the /usr/ports/distfiles,
> I would like to know which software packages belong
> to what program. For example, I install mplayer and it
> downloaded mplayer and other files for it. Is it possible
> to know which of these files are for mplayer.
>
> I appreciate any help

Isn't possible to track this by looking at the Makefile, in the
relevant ports' directory?

You may also wish to check out the Ports Index Browser; in, of all
places, the ports tree. One of the column headings is "Run Requires",
and the other is "Build Requires"; HTH.

--
Free the West Memphis Three
http://www.wm3.org/